Investing in a small business with a small office? Your company may come with a small budget, but don’t organize your office by robbing the bank. There are ways to make your office look like a million bucks without spending that million bucks. Suggestions from Jamie Fertsch, director and co-found of XDesk says that “Workplace productivity isn’t about getting from point A to point B in the fastest amount of time, but, rather, getting the job done in the most efficient manner possible while still maintaining a level of happiness and well-being,” Several tips from office furniture solutions, designers and your own imagination can go a long way to create a workable space that creates a level of happiness and well-being.
- Take inventory of what you have. You can also look around your home and list the items you can use in an office. You can reuse or refinish the pieces you don’t need at home and gives these items a new purpose. Stripping paint from a wood desk and chair and refinishing them can give your office a great new look without having to buy total new furniture.
- List the things you need in an office. Compare your list with the list of items you have and check off what you can use. Make priorities. Ask yourself what you want in your office and what type of design should your office have? Should you use new products and equipment, or should you go with used office furniture in Utah?
- Set a budget. Before you go out a look at new office furniture, decide how much money you can spend on decorating and furnishing. Look at used office furniture in Utah. Some pieces can be repurposed and used which a great decorating effect.
Decide what you need for your office and what things you don’t need. Unnecessary items can burden the office environment and make your office look congested and untidy. Get rid of items you will never use in your office and don’t add useless décor that’s expensive and will break the bank.
- Paint the walls in the office if your landlord will let you and clean up the office. A new coat of paint can change the entire look and feel of an office. Paint is a somewhat inexpensive way to change the look and feel; a great way to give your office a fresh look. Your employees will thank you and morale will move up a notch.
- Purchase the essentials first. You may need to purchase window curtains to block the excessive sun, and you will need good lighting. Look for office furniture solutions like ergonomic chairs that will help your employees work easier and find desks and tables that are the right size and height.
- Before you purchase anything, sort and declutter your office first. Buying new office supplies and equipment and adding them to your already existing stuff will cause headaches. If you sort and declutter, you may find things you were planning on buying. Now don’t buy them! Purge paperwork, declutter and organize before purchasing anything new for your office.
- Use practical décor with a function. Hang shelves on the wall and decorate the shelves with bins for holding file folders and office supplies. Browse through website and catalogs that give office furniture solutions to get ideas of what you can do. A picture of what you can do goes a long way in helping you decorate.
- Shop vintage, discount, and second-hand stores. Write down the addresses of used office furniture stores in Utah. You can even check out garage sales. Garage sales may have great desks and chair you can refinish and use in your office.
- Use plants and trees. Greenery is a great way to fill empty spaces and bring in the outdoors. Plants and trees add décor to the office and help to create a clean air environment.
Adding Creativity to Your Office
Now that you have decided how to furnish your office let’s add a little creativity to spark up the work environment. Tips that will add luster to your furniture solutions will also add morale and vibe to the office.
A survey of office workers around the country discovered that five things were essential in an office. One was more social space, heating and cooling were important, and food and drinks within an easy reach were important. The quality of the furniture was important, and the smell of coffee was also suggested.
Try these ideas and see what else you can come up with:
- Play music. There are many studies on the effects of music in the workplace and how it can influence creativity, productivity, and mental aptitude. Listening to music can improve your employees’ moods which will give them increased feelings of motivation. Keep the music at a moderate noise level and play soothing music. Use mellow sounds or ask your employees for suggestions.
- Get out of the office sometimes. Being in the office day after day can be a mental block on your inspiration and creativity. Have meetings out of the office and change locations. Allow your employees to work in other places than just in the office. Variety will help boost creativity levels and secure their loyalty to your business. Employees often benefit from changing their routine occasionally.
- Open plan office spaces are great ideas for office furniture solutions. With an open office or specific seating plans, you can allow your employees to talk to each other and share thoughts. Another idea? Combine an open workspace with private areas for employees.
In a recent study conducted in an office environment in a large company 65% of the employees like that they needed space to work with others when they wanted and have a private space when they needed.
- Get the right furniture. Furniture solutions will increase workability if furniture is chosen carefully. Standing desks are popular and an excellent way to boost an employee’s energy and brain power. When you stand up you or are active, a more significant portion of your brain is stimulated, and you are more alert.
Employees want clean lines and sleek finishes. They need contemporary furnishing. You can make your office a showplace and love it if you follow their guidelines for desks. Do what makes your employees feel proud of their workspace. Create a beautiful office space with office furniture solutions in Utah.
The most important thing you can do when refurbishing your office is to spend wisely and be practical. Wall coverings, furniture solutions in Utah, and art pieces can be finishing touches easy to change and are usually low cost. Find furniture that is classic and will stand the test of time. Don’t use fashion type wall finishes in places difficult to change.
On the practical side, consider the space in your office. Do you need a reception area? Do you have clients coming and going all the time? If not do away with the reception area and change it to a social area for your employees. Leave it open for clients to feel welcome, but don’t spend enormous sums of money on furnishing and unused reception space.
Be creative and use inexpensive finishing touches. Technology gives you the ability to take photographs, blown them up and have them hung. Compelling spaces can be created with digital artwork that cheap and easy. Use artwork that reflects the spirit of your business. You can also use used office furniture and make them into creative furniture pieces.
There are so many ideas you can incorporate into your small office or even your large office. Check out office furniture solutions from companies who specialize in design and flow. Advice from them will give you an office that is creative, workable and fits your budget nicely.